In accordance with §504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504) and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), Dinwiddie County Public Schools provides you with the following procedural safeguards in relation to your child:
- You have the right to receive a copy of this notice upon the school division’s identification, evaluation, refusal to provide an evaluation, educational placement, denial of educational placement of your child, and before any significant change in your child’s placement.
- You have the right to an opportunity to examine all relevant records for your child.
- You have a right to an informal review of disagreements you may have with decisions regarding eligibility and/or accommodations for your student under Section 504. This informal review cannot be used for disagreements regarding discipline or manifestation determination decisions.
- You have the right to file a grievance with the school division over an alleged violation of the Section 504 or ADA regulations.
- You have the right to an impartial hearing, with participation by you and representation by your counsel, for disputes concerning the identification, evaluation, or educational placement of your child.
- You have the right to a review of an impartial hearing officer’s final decision if you disagree with that decision.
The Section 504/ADA Coordinator for Dinwiddie County Public Schools is the Director of Special Education and may be contacted at the following telephone number: 804-469-4190. Please contact the Section 504/ADA Coordinator regarding any questions related to Section 504 or the ADA. You may obtain a copy of Dinwiddie County Public Schools Guidelines for Compliance with Section 504 Requirements by contacting the Section 504/ADA Coordinator at the above telephone number or at Dinwiddie County Public Schools Web site at http://www.dinwiddie.k12.va.us. Please note that all grievances and requests for informal reviews, impartial hearings, and reviews must be in writing and submitted to the Section 504/ADA Coordinator at the following address:
Section 504/ADA Coordinator
Dinwiddie County Public Schools
P. O. Box 7
Dinwiddie, VA 23841