What is the Special Education Advisory Committee?
The Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) works with the School Board, administrators, educators and parents of children with disabilities. In Virginia, this committee is mandated for every school district by the regulations governing special education programs for children with disabilities.
What are the functions of the Special Education Advisory Committee?
- Advise the School Board of unmet needs in the education of children with disabilities
- Assist the school division in the formulation and development of long-range plans designed to provide needed educational services for children with disabilities
- Participate in the development of priorities and strategies for meeting the identified needs of children with disabilities
- Review the school system’s annual updated special education plan and applications for federal funding
- Assist the local school division to enhance community awareness and understanding of special education services
Why should you attend the meetings?
This committee offers a way to get to know other parents, be informed about what is going on in Dinwiddie County Public Schools and work with the school division and make recommendations to determine how special education can meet the needs of children with disabilities. Meetings are open to the public. If you have questions, please call 804-469-4389. For the 2020 – 2021 school year, all meetings will be held virtually from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm. via Google Meet.
The Special Education Advisory Committee will meet on these dates from 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm:
- October 22, 2020
- December 3, 2020
- February 4, 2021
- April 1, 2021
How do I join the meeting?
Click on this link https://meet.google.com/aqa-qkyh-zcq to join the meeting online.
Or, If you wish to join by phone, call 1-662-506-2329 (use PIN: 926 324 391# ).