Welcome to Midway Elementary School…Home of the Giants!
Midway Elementary is fully accredited and located on the northern end of Dinwiddie County, serving Kindergarten through Fifth Grade students. We are proud to announce that we are among the select schools in Virginia that earned the 2016 Board of Education Distinguished Achievement Award by meeting all state and federal benchmarks and making progress towards the goals of the governor and the board.
Important Reminders for the 2016-2017 school year:
- 8:20 am Buses Unload /Car Riders Released/Breakfast Served/Morning Work
Car Riders: Wait to be signaled to exit vehicle and exit the right side.
- 8:35 am Tardy Bell – Students arriving after 8:35 am must sign-in with a parent/guardian in the office.
Parents may walk students to class prior to the tardy bell. Parents must have ID and sign-in in the main office prior to walking students to class.
- 8:40 am Morning Announcements /Pledge/Moment of Silence
- 3:25 pm All Car Riders Dismissed to Cafeteria – Parents enter cafeteria side door beginning at 3:20 PM and must have ID to sign student out.
- 3:30 pm All Bus Riders Board Buses
- 3:35 pm Buses Depart
Student Handbook Please review and be familiar with all procedures and policies
- Pay close attention to the following:
- Changes to afternoon dismissal route
- Attendance Policy
- Dress Code
*Note: Bell schedules above are a correction to the Student Handbook.
Update ALL Contact Information
- Please ensure all forms are returned and all contact information is current.
Volunteers and PTO
- We encourage you to get involved by joining the Midway PTO and becoming a volunteer.
We look forward to an exciting and rewarding school year getting to know each of you. We are positive, together; we will continue to take Giant steps towards lifelong learning!
Penny L. Brooks