Welcome to Dinwiddie Elementary School…Home of the Eagles!
*** As a result of the recent inclement weather, the Dinwiddie County School Board has approved changes to the 2017-2018 school Calendar. You may access the full calendar by going to the Dinwiddie County Schools webpage. Two immediate changes the may be of interest to everyone are:
Monday, January 29, 2018 will be a full day of school for students.
Monday, February 19, 2018 will be a full day of school for students.
The additional days in the calendar will help us prepare our students with he content that they will need to go to the next grade. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we deal with these weather related issues. ***
Dinwiddie Elementary is fully accredited and located in the heart of Dinwiddie County on historic route 1, serving Kindergarten through Fifth Grade students.
Important Reminders for the 2017-2018 school year:
- 8:15 am Buses Unload /Car Riders Released/Breakfast Served/Morning Work
Car Riders: Please pull in the gravel parking lot for drop off. If you are parking in the lot, please bring your child to the crossing point. If you are in waiting in line, please wait until you reach the drop off area before letting your child out of the vehicle.
* Only students are allowed to enter through the side door.
- 8:30 am Tardy Bell – Students arriving after 8:30 am must sign-in with a parent/guardian in the office.
- 8:40 am Morning Announcements /Pledge/Moment of Silence
- 3:20 pm All Car Riders Dismissed to Cafeteria – Parents pull into the parking lot in front of the old Smyrna church and get into the car rider line and your child will be dismissed out to your car.
- 3:30 pm All Bus Riders Board Buses
- 3:35 pm Buses Depart
Student Handbook Please review and be familiar with all procedures and policies
- Pay close attention to the following:
- Attendance Policy
- Dress Code
Update ALL Contact Information
- Please ensure all forms are returned and all contact information is current.
Volunteers and PTO
- We encourage you to get involved by joining the DES PTO and becoming a volunteer.
We look forward to an exciting and rewarding school year getting to know each of you. We are positive, together, we will continue to take huge steps towards lifelong learning! Please feel free to call me at (804)-469-4580 or email me at email@example.com at any time
Davis Roberts Jr.