Students learned about electricity, coding, math, and reading over the summer.
This video highlights all of the wonderful things being done at Southside.
This is December’s Perfect Attendance students. They earned watching a favorite TV episode on Netflix.
Mrs. Kimberly Elliott Allen’s 3rd grade class had the best attendance for the month of November. Bumbleton will be staying in her class this month, and her whole class earned extra gym.
We started this program because we don’t want your child to fall behind in school and get discouraged. Please ensure that your child attends school every day and arrives on time. Here are a few practical tips to help support regular attendance:
- Make sure your children keep a regular bedtime and establish a morning routine.
- Lay out clothes and pack backpacks the night before.
- Ensure your children go to school every day unless they are truly sick
- Avoid scheduling vacations or doctor’s appointments when school is in session.
- Talk to teachers and counselors for advice if your children feel anxious about going to school.
- Develop back up plans for getting to school if something comes up. Call on a family member, neighbor, or another parent to take your child to school.
Let us know how we can best support you and your children so that they can show up for school on time every day. We want your child to be successful in school!
Being an Attendance HERO
O- On Time
Incentives for being an Attendance Hero
- Every week a student is at school they will be given a chance to win a class incentive.
- Every month students who have perfect attendance (no tardies, no absences, no leaving early) earn monthly incentives.
- The class who has the best attendance for the month earns a class incentive.